Voi, Dott and TIER, the leaders of European micro-mobility, are jointly committing to new standards of environmental and social sustainability across an e-scooter’s entire lifecycle, and are calling on all other e-scooter providers to meet the commitments for the benefits of cities and their people. It is in all of our interests to ensure transparency and the highest sustainability practices in the e-scooter industry.
We’re inviting all other companies currently operating in Europe to join the movement.
Combined, the ten environmental and social commitments cover the e-scooter’s full lifecycle. The operators commit to:
1. Using at least 20% recycled material in all new e-scooters from 2021
2. Purchasing all new e-scooters with swappable batteries from 2020
3. No precarious ‘gig’ work in any market, and committing to living wage standards
4. Responsible growth, with no flooding of streets
5. Running all warehouses on green energy by end of 2020
6. Using only electric vehicles for recharging and maintenance of fleet by end of 2021
7. Taking steps to mitigate the risk of e-scooters ending up in waterways and combining resources to retrieve e-scooters from waterways in cities where we are jointly active
End of life
8. Never demolishing an e-scooter, and recycling parts that cannot be repaired or reused as spare parts
9. Finding second-life solutions for all functioning e-scooters
Throughout the lifecycle
10. Calculating the carbon emissions during the full lifecycle and offset the emissions.
The coalition will appoint an independent body to monitor, evaluate and transparently report progress on all commitments.
“Sustainability is at the core of our industry and the value that our service brings. It is important that we take responsibility for our practices and are held to the highest standards so that consumers and cities can have complete faith in the sector and our way of operating. We’re inviting all other companies currently operating in Europe to join the movement and commit to these sustainability standards” said jointly Fredrik Hjelm, CEO and co-founder of Voi, Henri Moissinac, CEO and co-founder of Dott, Lawrence Leuschner, CEO and co-founder of TIER.