WHAT TO EXPECT
FROM YOUR E-SCOOTER
Your e-scooter journey starts now!
Awesome! Your long term rental has been confirmed, and now you’re waiting patiently for collection of your e-scooter.
We’ve created this webpage so you can learn more about how the e-scooter works, as well as provide further information on the rules that apply whilst in possession of our e-scooters.
Prepare for your rental
How it works
We’ve created the following videos as a visual aid to help you properly care for the e-scooter during your rental. Don’t forget it’s your responsibility to charge and maintain the e-scooter.
How to charge
1. Always charge indoors where possible. Charging outside or in the rain may result in water damage.
2. Locate the e-scooter's neck, above the sticker, remove the rubber grommet to expose the charge port. Plug the Voi charger in. Please note you must use the Voi charger provided, failing to do so may pose a risk of fire.
3. The LED light on the charger brick will turn red to indicate it is charging.
4. Our e-scooters take between 1 - 3 hours to fully recharge.
5. Once the LED light on the charger brick turns green, this indicates that the e-scooter is fully charged.
6. Simply turn off the plug at the socket, remove the charger from the e-scooter and replace the rubber grommet.
How to maintain
At least once per week, we recommend that riders:
1. Check the functionality of e-scooters brakes (both the front and rear brakes).
2. Check the neck / handlebar of the scooter feels secure and sturdy.
3. Cosmetic damage isn’t a cause for concern, but any loose parts or obvious defects should be promptly reported to email@example.com.
4. Ensure the kickstand functions correctly. If the e-scooter is unable to stand up on its own please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to store
Store the e-scooter in a safe and secure location inside your home overnight.
If you need to park the e-scooter on the street during the day, please be considerate of other pedestrians and road users. This includes parking in a way that does not obstruct footpaths or other public areas.
Charge your e-scooter indoors to minimise the risk of water damage.
Please note: the e-scooter must not fall below 15% battery level, if it does, you may not be able to ride your e-scooter. If this happens, please email us immediately on email@example.com asap.
If your e-scooter stops mid-ride, please safely leave the carriageway or road you are riding on and do not attempt to ride the e-scooter again until you have spoken to our User Support Team.
You will be charged a £25 penalty if we have to recover your e-scooter.
If you notice anything that does not look safe or have any further questions, please do not ride the e-scooter and report this to our User Support Team at the earliest convenience on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Quick maintenance tips
We expect your long term rental experience will be great! But to ensure you don’t face any issues along the way, follow these quick tips:
- Charge it regularly (keep it topped up above 15%) using a charger supplied by Voi
- Keep it clean (household anti-bacterial wipes will do the trick!)
- Avoid storing the e-scooter outside, especially in the rain or subzero temperatures
- Start every ride by checking the brakes and battery level
You must not use the scooter if there are any noticeable issues (such as, amongst other things, visible damage to the scooter’s wheels, brakes, lights or frame, issues in relation to the battery level, signs of unusual or excessive wear of any kind or any other visual damage to the scooter or any malfunction of the brakes).
We've partnered with Speed Bumps Direct to offer long term rental users 20% off Access Ramps
This ramp is perfect for allowing quick and easy access into your home, up a doorstep for safe storage and charging. It has a simple design that allows multiple units to be locked together forming an extended ramp for easier access. Simply enter code: VOI20 at checkout to claim your 20% discount.BUY NOW